Pages

▼

Friday, December 16, 2011

Love Stories: Birthday Bliss

I was a senior in high school, and I decided to join a team going on a mission trip to Ecuador. While on the mission trip, a girl on our team had her birthday and the rest of us decided to share our birthday dates. After I shared mine, the birthday girl, Reagan, said that her brother, Austin, had the same birthday as me. I had seen Austin once or twice before and thought he was very handsome, but I always thought he was out of my league. Reagan said that she would mention our mutual birthdays to him and see his response. It wasn't even a week after I had returned home that I got a call from Austin.  


We talked over the phone as friends and met a few times, but things didn't take off right away for me. Austin fell quickly for me, and one of our conversations went a little something like this.

Austin: "I love you, Allison."
Me: "I love ME too!"

Poor Austin! We continued with our friendship for two years, but one day it hit me -- Austin was THE ONE. We dated for two years before Austin proposed to me with my grandma's original wedding ring set. I'm a lover of all things vintage, so it couldn't have been more perfect. We were engaged for one year as I was finishing up my degree and we got married September 25, 2010. Everyone thought we should have been married on our birthday, but I wanted the satisfaction of making Austin have to remember one of the special days of the year. :) 

It has been such a wonderful year with my husband and best friend, and I'm looking forward to many, many more.

Allison Deaver
ourvintagelove.com

♥

See the previous Love Stories here! If you would like to submit your story, please send an e-mail to blog@shopruche.com. You may attach up to 5 photos. Please try to keep your stories to a 1200 word limit. You will receive an e-mail when your story is selected.

3 comments:

  1. what a touching post! I didn't really like my husband when we first met...it took about 6 months for me! How strange the way things work out sometimes! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart just melted..That's so adorable!

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely story. I share my birthday with my boyfriend too! He's one year older and we also realised we were born in the same hospital...crazy. We have been together nearly 6 years now and every birthday feels like christmas!

    ReplyDelete

We've moved! Please be sure to visit our updated blog location at shopruche.com/blog. Thank you!

xo,
Ruche