Friday, December 16, 2011

Love Stories: Birthday Bliss

I was a senior in high school, and I decided to join a team going on a mission trip to Ecuador. While on the mission trip, a girl on our team had her birthday and the rest of us decided to share our birthday dates. After I shared mine, the birthday girl, Reagan, said that her brother, Austin, had the same birthday as me. I had seen Austin once or twice before and thought he was very handsome, but I always thought he was out of my league. Reagan said that she would mention our mutual birthdays to him and see his response. It wasn't even a week after I had returned home that I got a call from Austin.  


We talked over the phone as friends and met a few times, but things didn't take off right away for me. Austin fell quickly for me, and one of our conversations went a little something like this.

Austin: "I love you, Allison."
Me: "I love ME too!"

Poor Austin! We continued with our friendship for two years, but one day it hit me -- Austin was THE ONE. We dated for two years before Austin proposed to me with my grandma's original wedding ring set. I'm a lover of all things vintage, so it couldn't have been more perfect. We were engaged for one year as I was finishing up my degree and we got married September 25, 2010. Everyone thought we should have been married on our birthday, but I wanted the satisfaction of making Austin have to remember one of the special days of the year. :) 

It has been such a wonderful year with my husband and best friend, and I'm looking forward to many, many more.

Allison Deaver
ourvintagelove.com



See the previous Love Stories here! If you would like to submit your story, please send an e-mail to blog@shopruche.com. You may attach up to 5 photos. Please try to keep your stories to a 1200 word limit. You will receive an e-mail when your story is selected.

3 comments:

bird and tree said...

what a touching post! I didn't really like my husband when we first met...it took about 6 months for me! How strange the way things work out sometimes! Beautiful!

Kim said...

My heart just melted..That's so adorable!

-kim
found the route

Laura said...

That's a lovely story. I share my birthday with my boyfriend too! He's one year older and we also realised we were born in the same hospital...crazy. We have been together nearly 6 years now and every birthday feels like christmas!