What You'll Need:
- Pair of shoes
- Mod Podge Glue with a Gloss Finish
- A bowl
- Sponge brush
- GLITTER (any kind you'd like! I suggest buying the biggest jar you can find)
- Painters tape (tape the bottom and insides unless you want glitter all over your shoe)
- Water proof shoe protection
- Newspaper (or a bag) to put the shoes on
Total Cost: $11
Total Time: Approximately 2 hours. (It depends on how many coats you apply and how long you wait in between coats.)
1. Tape off the inside and bottom of the shoe. Otherwise your feet will be covered in glitter.
2. Mix the glitter and glue together in the bowl. You will most definitely need more glitter than you imagine. Go glitter crazy. Warning: this DIY is quite messy! Be prepared for glitter to be EVERYWHERE.
3. Mix and start applying to the shoe. This is the messy part. Let sit for twenty minutes and go back for round two and three. (The first layer should be rather thin otherwise the glitter will become really thick, chunky and uneven by round three.)
4. Once the shoes are completely dry go back over them with just glue to make sure the glitter stays in place.
5. Let shoes dry. Take outside and spray with the waterproofing.
VOILA! A new life for your old shoes!
--Jessica, The Midwest Muse
If you would like to join our Ruche Blogger Family, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach photos. You will receive an e-mail when your post is selected. Thank you!