Monday, July 11, 2011

Picture This: 1 Step Photo Effect

You don't need to spend hours in Photoshop to make your photos look like the pro's. You can achieve a cool retro effect with just one step. Yup, it's that easy!


Instructions:
Open up your pic. Create a new Adjustment Layer (go to black and white circle icon). Select the Color Fill option and pick a rich shade of blue. Set it to Exclusion with 25-30% Opacity. And you're done. Enjoy your new photo.
(You can play around with the different colors to achieve different looks)



xo,
Ruche

9 comments:

Renata said...

LOVE your photoshop tips!

Dori the Giant said...

Really cool. I've never done that.
I'd always mess around with the Colour Balance. This seems easier. :)

Yasmeen said...

Hahahha! Well that was easy. I like to give my photos a warm hue or a cool hue depending on the look I'm wearing. Love this tip though :) Gonna try it out soon.

Yasmeen
Castle Fashion

Oh Sweet Escape said...

You have the best photoshop tips! Please keep them coming :)

Mai said...

THANKS!! Super easy :)

The Michelle Show said...

I like to set mine to screen!
If its a really bright daylight picture I also like choosing a deep yellow toned brown.

Miya said...

Thanks for sharing! Thats was super easy! Can't wait to give it a try.

Penelope Lattey said...

Thanks so much for this! I have been using it quite a bit recently, and referenced it in a recent post on my blog!

http://meledea.blogspot.com/2011/08/techniques.html

<3 your tips, keep them coming!

Plan and Play said...

First time commenting and I have to say "Thank you". I love it!!! Please keep the tips coming...

Elena