Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Style File: The Remix

Hello! I'm the blogger behind The Clothes Horse, a personal style blog that features my outfits and other inspirations on a daily basis.

When I began blogging, I was in college full-time and working part-time as a cashier. My funds were limited and I built much of my wardrobe from thrift store finds. Since my closet wasn't very large, I challenged myself to wear pieces again and again, but never the same outfit head-to-toe. As time went on and my blog grew, I started to enjoy looking through the archives to see how I had worn a dress in the past; it became great inspiration to stay creative and really helped me stick with my goal of stretching every piece of my wardrobe.

Now, I run a little feature called "Saturday Remix" where I show 4-7 different outfits based on one clothing item. Some dresses get tucked into skirts or even safety-pinned into new shapes, so the outfits all end up looking unique. Recently, Ruche asked to sponsor a remix and sent me the "nautical love story striped dress". It was the perfect piece for a remix, and I easily built 7 different outfits around it without even breaking into tights and heavy layers (it's too hot here for those right now anyway!).

~Rebecca, The Clothes Horse

Thank you, Rebecca! ♥

Here is how she remixed our nautical love story striped dress:


Pair with a cardigan or jacket for casual wear. Cute with flats or heels!


Turn the dress into a stylish top, and tuck it into a skirt or shorts for sunny days.


Perfect for unique layering! Add cozy pieces for the fall or dress it up for a special occasion.

What's your favorite remixed outfit? We'd love to know how you would remix this dress too!

xo,
Ruche

7 comments:

Yasmeen said...

I love this post! :) How did she manage this outfit? That's awesome. Need to work on my creativity (I think I can! I think I can!)

Yasmeen
Castle Fashion

Anonymous said...

That was a great post. That lady sure is talented ...

Kelly xo
Elegantly Academic

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite fashion posts ever! Every outfit was completely beautiful and wonderful! And I loved the way the dress is used as a top, a bottom layer, and just simply a dress! You're fantastic!
http://perfectly-vintage-nightowl.blogspot.com/

I V Y said...

so cute. she is genius.


blog
twitter

Anonymous said...

yeah, super, super, super!=)
my favourite is no. 3 and 5..

Ashley Turchin said...

I love Rebecca's blog! Her personality shines through her outfits and posts :)

www.vizcaya-3d.com said...

I saw really much worthwhile data above!