Wednesday, March 7, 2012

An Interview with Elizabeth Messina


Our enchanted daydream and vision of spring was brought to life by the talented and esteemed wedding photographer, Elizabeth Messina.  We were so thrilled to be able to work with Elizabeth for our spring lookbook. She is truly one of a kind.  Elizabeth was able to capture breathtaking moments of sweetness and beauty through her lens.  Using only natural lighting and shot completely in film, the lookbook turned out amazing.   Take a peek into her musings in the interview below. ♥


When did your love of photography begin?
When I was 12 years old, my mother gave me my first camera.

What do you enjoy most about your career?
There is no such thing as a typical day. That's what I love about it. I love that I get to access the creative part of my brain on a regular basis. I also get to be around people in love, which is quite wonderful, and I love the freedom that comes with making my own schedule.

Where do you edit your photos?
My office is a special place. It's a mixture of antiques and paperwork, photographs and shoes. I have a vintage wrought iron daybed that I love to sit on while I edit photos.

Do you have any advice for people who want to pursue creative creatives like yours?
I think it is important to have a healthy balance of creativity and business sense. Much of my time is spent doing very un-creative things... running a business is full of paperwork and organization. I love my career, but make no mistake about it, it is a lot of work.

Which images do you adore most from the lookbook, Enchantment?
Ahhhh, so hard to choose.... I love the cover image, it's definitely one of my favorites. And I really adore the image with the white hat. The entire day was filled with so much beauty... I don't think there are any shots I don't like.



To see more wedding inspiration and beautiful photographs by Elizabeth Messina, visit Kiss the Groom and view her new book

You can preorder it here and we'll be carrying it at our boutique soon too.  ♥

xo,
Ruche


1 comment:

Lexi said...

I need more shoes in my office! Love the photos + interview!
♡ Lexi
FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings