Friday, March 23, 2012

Love Stories: 10th Wedding Anniversary


The day I met my husband was not love at first site, it wasn't sparks flying, or amazing chemistry.  At least for me.  We attended the same church, that moonlighted as a music venue and coffee shop.  He was a jokester always looking for laughs, and I just didn't think we had anything in common.  Little did I know, he was slowly working his way into my heart.

Our first date was a trip to Kansas City, Missouri to see Waterdeep, and after that trip I knew he was going to take care of me for the rest of my life.  This year, on March 23rd, we will celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary.  We have made it through job loss, moving hours away from friends and family, deaths, two major surgeries, working severe amounts of overtime, celebrating big occasions and big birthdays.  I am proud to know my husband still is the jokester that I met 11 years ago.  We make each other laugh every day.
If I had a secret to share for how to have a successful marriage, it would be this: never let the laughter go out of your relationship.  Even if I have the worst day, I know when I get home, he will make me smile somehow.  Even when I don't want to.  I hope he knows that I will always be willing to do the same for him.

Happy Anniversary, T.  I love you.

-- Kem Elliott, from Chronicles of a Sweet Tooth


See the previous Love Stories here! If you would like to submit your story, please see our Ruche Blogger Family page for details.

P.S. Have you seen our wedding collection yet? We hope you can find something special for your special day!

2 comments:

Mckenzie Jean said...

This is one of my favorites :) we live by the same philosophy, never stop laughing together!

ruby_palomo said...

Aweeee, super cute couple!