Friday, January 27, 2012

Love Story: From the Shore


Steven and I met in Okinawa, Japan. I was 14, he was 16, and we were neighbors. A year after awkward hellos and high fives in the high school hallways, we exchanged numbers (on myspace, mind you) and out of the blue started talking constantly. Sun-up to sun-down. Our first date was to the sea, where we picked up shells, and I fell asleep for the first time in a boy’s arms next to the crashing waves. And I swore I was falling in love.


However, my family had orders to move to America just a month after we started getting close - and we were scared… so we agreed to just be friends, even though we both (and everyone around us) knew we were unstoppable.


So I ended up moving away, and we couldn't help but to love as deeply as the seas and as tall as the mountains for as long as they separated us. Which was 642 days to be precise. I was blessed enough to visit Japan twice before he joined the military and was stationed just over 60 miles away from me. About a year after he moved to America, we were married surrounded by an ocean of the people we love in the snowy city of Salt Lake.


And today, we are simply newlyweds. Residing in the rolling northern California hills with both a puppy and a kitten, and we are as crazy about each other (and of course a little more) as we were that first night along that Okinawan shore.


love, n'tima
from ntimajoy.blogspot.com



See the previous Love Stories here! If you would like to submit your story and join our Ruche Blogger Family, please send an e-mail to blog@shopruche.com and add photos as attachments. Please try to keep your stories to a 1200 word limit. You will receive an e-mail when your story is selected.

6 comments:

B.Weber said...

So adorable.

HauteStandards

Adele said...

They were, still are, and will always be an amazingly cute couple. Cuter than me and my husband! I wish them the best of luck :)

Olivia said...

Aw this was a really touching story! Really cute. Good luck to you.

xox Olivia
iwanttheseshoes.blogspot.com

Madeline Joy said...

Yay N'tima and Steven! <3

Antonella C’est Moi said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG!! IF YOU WANT FOLLOW ME ON GOOGLE FRIENDS AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO FOLLOW YOU BACK <3
XOXO
A_C'EST MOI
LAMODEOUICESTMOI.BLOGSPOT.COM

Unknown said...

Oh this love story warms my heart, way too cute! I hope the best for you two in the future always!

xoxo, Jjanga
www.sayhelloandsmile.blogspot.com