Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Meet Keiko Lynn

Remember Keiko? We swoon over her vintage style and how she previously styled one of our crop tops and a pair of our oxfords. We're also in awe with her passion and talent for reconstructing clothes and her business savvy self. ♥ Enjoy the interview!

 Image by Alice Rutherford

Were you born and raised in Brooklyn?
I was born and raised in South Florida. I moved to Central Florida for college, and then to New York shortly afterward. I've been here for over four years and don't plan on leaving anytime soon, but I doubt I'll find myself retiring in Brooklyn. I have a little bit of country in me and would love to have my horses in my backyard at some point.

What’s a day in your life like?
I spend most of my day sewing and talking to my animals like a crazy person (I work from home). I blog and edit photos during breaks in my day, and always have music or tv on in the background. I watch an embarrassing amount of television while I'm sewing.

What do you love most about blogging?
Though it is primarily focused on personal style and general happenings in my life, I also use my blog as a platform for causes I truly believe in. I'm lucky to have extraordinary readers with big hearts. Together, we are making a difference, whether by raising funds or spreading awareness. Every little bit counts.

You mentioned that getting dressed everyday boosts your mood and helps you concentrate. How so?
When I'm dressed too comfortably or sloppily, I tend to get in a rut. All I want to do is relax or sleep! Since I work from home and I'm my own boss, I have to keep myself in check. Getting dressed up gets me in the right mindset.

What inspires your clothing line, Postlapsaria?
I had no intentions of working in fashion - I went to school for musical theatre. I always enjoyed expressing myself through my personal style and when I was in school, I was on a tight budget. I started reconstructing thrifted finds and pieces from my own closet. People started commissioning pieces from me and I decided to turn it into a business.

Any fun facts you’d like to share?
My favorite fun fact to share is that my mom's name is Barbie and my dad's name is Ken. People always think I'm fibbing, but it's absolutely true!

What items are on your Ruche wishlist?
This lace jacket is the perfect topper for summer dresses:
http://www.shopruche.com/lacey-lullaby-lace-jacket-p-7345.html?zenid23=1816be99a84c638db670bf4fc0cccb5e

I love the bright florals and flattering skirt of this trench:
http://www.shopruche.com/within-the-garden-walls-floral-trench-jacket-by-ark-co-p-7340.html

Blush pink is my favorite color to wear:
http://www.shopruche.com/make-me-blush-ruched-blazer-p-7332.html

This lace bralette would look great beneath a cutaway blouse:
http://www.shopruche.com/lacey-touch-scalloped-bralette-in-black-p-7249.html

A nipped in waist and full skirt is such a flattering silhouette:
http://www.shopruche.com/breakfast-in-bed-floral-dress-p-7228.html

I'm a sucker for lace, florals and feminine hues - can you tell?
 Thank you, Keiko! If you haven't yet, be sure to stop by her blog and her online shop for vintage style, beautiful makeup tutorials, thoughtful musings, and inspirations. ♥

xo,
Ruche

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I absolutely love Keiko! (:
I love her blog and style. <3