When we saw these scrumptious looking cake jars on Dear Lizzy, we knew we'd be in for one tasty DIY.
We suggest whipping these up for your next summer bash, or just because they're too good not to.
* Make your favorite cupcake batter recipe. Then spray your cupcake pan thoroughly with cooking spray - don't use your liners so you'll have a nice fit in the jars once your cupcakes are complete! Fill each hole about 2/3 with the batter.
* After your cupcakes have completely cooled on a wire rack, bag them in freezer Ziploc bags and freeze overnight.
* Slice frozen cupcakes in half. Place the bottom half in a jar, pipe with frosting, add the top half, and pipe the top.
* Seal the lids (add your favorite scrapbook paper or a photo of the person of honor on each lid ahead of time.)
* Tie spoons to the side of each jar with twine.
* Refrigerate until party time! Yum!!!
(recipe + image via Dear Lizzy)
If you love scrapbooking we suggest popping over and checking out Elizabeth's awe inspiring scrapbook pages.