Friday, February 24, 2012

Love Stories: The Perfect Match


I met my husband at the lunch table in our high school cafeteria. Immediately after we were introduced, we didn’t stop talking or laughing the rest of the class period. Turns out we went to the same Elementary, Junior High, and High School and never met. (We would attend the same college, as well.)

When that school bell rang at the end of lunch, the friend who had introduced us an hour earlier said finally got a chance to cut in and say, “Why don’t you two just get married?”

We should have listened! It didn’t take long before we were dating.

I was the goody two shoes Christian girl, and he was the tattooed, long-haired, Robert Plant look alike that my parents were not to excited about their daughter dating. They let us have our fun, though, and it didn’t take long though for him to win them over!


When I went away to college, he waited oh so patiently until he could join me a year later.

When I headed off to Greece for the semester to study art, he sent me on my way with a box of letters he had sealed and dated for every day that I would be gone, 99 letters total. (I still have each and every one!)

When he wanted to propose, he drove 8 hours to ask my fathers permission before doing so.

We dated for over 4yrs. before he popped the question with a stone that had belonged to his mother and the same box his father had used.

We got married 6 months and 1 day later.


It’s no surprise when I say I’ve been dreaming of my future husband since I was a little girl. I spent one night before I met David writing down a list of everything I wanted in a boy. My dream boy was to be a musician, a skateboarder didn’t hurt, either, (oh come on, we’ve all been through that phase!), he’d have long blonde hair, green eyes, and be completely hilarious, among other things. David was every single thing on that list, down to his blonde curly hair and big green eyes! He blesses my heart every single day. (I know God had a hand in this match!)

--Mckenzie, from Basil



See the previous Love Stories here! If you would like to submit your story and join our Ruche Blogger Family, please email it to blog@shopruche.com. You may attach up to 5 photos and you will receive an email if your story is selected.

P.S. Have you seen our wedding annoucement yet?

6 comments:

Kylee Noelle {the blog} said...

Such a sweet love story! Has quite a few similarities to me and my husband's story. *sigh* isn't love grand?

Congratulations on finding your perfect match!

xo, Kylee

Ron said...

Love, Love, LOVE, Mckenzie and their wonderful story!!!!!!!

Ash said...

This is my favorite love story!!! Maybe I'm bias because it's a little close to home for me but it's so sweet and romantic!

Kim said...

This is so sweet!!

-kim
found the route

Lejla said...

A great love story :)
So inspiring :)

http://ladybug4sunflower.blogspot.com/

Notes She Wrote said...

this is such a sweet story :) so cute. You guys are an adorable couple! :)


xo, Lissie