Perfect for Valentine's Day, take a look at this adorable dress tutorial! ♥
Guest post by Stacie
What You'll Need:
- Dress (preferably not jersey knit, stiffer fabrics work best)
- Some sort of ribbon, lace, something to pin around the edges of the cutout heart
- Sewing machine and iron
Total Cost: Dress + Ribbon/lace
Total Time: Approx. 2 hours, shorter if you're a good seamstress.
1: Lay your dress out flat and tape over the chest area where you will be cutting your heart shape.
2. Draw the heart shape on the tape and then cut it out. Do not take off the tape because it helps keep everything in place so the fabric does not shift.
3. Take your pins and pin the ribbon around the edges of the heart cutout so that the fabric is finished and won't fray.
4. After you have pinned the ribbon or lace all around the heart, stitch carefully to hold the ribbon in place.
5. After you have stitched everything, you can pick off the tape and then iron down the ribbon/lace so that your seams are crisp and flat!
--Stacie Grissom, Stars for Streetlights
For more Valentine's Day ideas, view our roundup here!