Saturday, February 11, 2012

Love Stories: Sweet Sixteen

Our countdown to Valentine's Day continues! Love is in the air. ♥

Love Story: Sweet Sixteen
--Ashlee


Sometimes I look back at when I was sixteen and truly feel like the luckiest person that has ever lived.  Like someone that unknowingly was about to fall down the edge of a cliff, but got caught by the neck of their collar and saved.  Out of all the guys on this planet, I met him first.

And he saved me from all the pain that could have come in any other relationship.  He saved me from ever having a broken heart.

I remember the first time I hung out with Eddie. I remember being so at ease by his side. More myself in the first 5 minutes of meeting him than I could muster up to anyone at my new school that I had transferred to over a year ago. You see, I used to be a very shy girl. It took a lot for me to be myself around someone. That’s why it shocked me that I felt no barriers between me and Eddie from day one. No wall I had to dig through to let myself out of. It’s like something in me knew before I could even recognize it¸ that there was no reason to be anything but myself around this boy.

Later that night, he called me and asked me out on a real date. Still to this day I tease him that he couldn’t even wait one night. My two best friends spent the rest of the night picking out outfits for me to wear the next day on my first real date.


And 2 days later, I had my first boyfriend.

Another 4 years from that day, I married that boy on August 20th, 2011 and read him this before I placed a ring on his hand.

Eddie Crowley.  My best friend. 

4 years ago , almost from this very day, you asked me to be your girl. We had only known each other for 3 days.  And looking back that seems so fast,but thank you for not waiting a day longer- because You gave me everything that day.  You gave me my happiness, my future, and the best best friend anyone could ask for.

You’re patience and generosity are unmatched. You’ve stuck with me as I’ve grown up and through all the silliness.  Since day one, you’ve done everything  you could to make my life wonderful for me.  I see that every day.

And It’s because of you that I don’t worry about where I’ll be or what I’ll be doing years from now, because I know that whatever I’m doing or wherever I am, I’ll be there with you. 

Thank you for being who you are. Because if it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be the person that I’ve always wanted to be. And not only am I marrying my best friend today, I’m marrying the person that I admire and look up to the very most.

You’re my first boyfriend, my first love, the first hand I held.   And it’s the same hand I’m going to be holding every day until the day I die.


At 16, I didn’t know what I wanted. I didn’t know who I was or who I was going to be. I thank God every day that He knew exactly what I needed and gave me Eddie at a time in my life where I needed him most.

Meeting Eddie so young, I feel like we grew up together and consequently became everything that each other needed in a spouse and in a best friend.  We grew into everything that each other would need to last a lifetime.

I’m thankful that I have a guy that I couldn’t think of one thing he could treat me better on. I’m thankful for the egg sandwiches he makes me every morning and the moments when he knows without me having to ask, to wrap the blanket around my toes. I’m thankful that even when we do fight, we both are able to laugh right in the middle of it.

And most of all, I’m thankful that when I look at pictures of us, I’m filled with happiness knowing that we’re the kind of love our grandkids will tell their kids about. One that’s gonna last more than a lifetime.


--Ashley



See the previous Love Stories here! If you would like to submit your story and join our Ruche Blogger Family, please send an e-mail to blog@shopruche.com. You may attach up to 5 photos. Please try to keep your stories to a 1200 word limit. You will receive an e-mail if your story is selected.

9 comments:

Sian said...

This is so, so, so sweet!
One of the most adorable things I've ever read! xx

Laura Ann said...

What an amazing story - and her wedding dress is one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen!

Heather Belle said...

This is so adorable :) I met my boyfriend at 15, and here we are 3 years later. I love stories of young love that lasts :)
xo Heather
http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

Dee Paulino said...

So sweet, I love this story!

Hattitude said...

Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

oh my gosh this is the sweetest love story ever. melt. such a beautiful story for valentines day! never to have your heart broken? to have your heart love unconditionally, no walls, no barriers...that is a gift. a special special special gift. happy valentines day you two!

talk soon wild child
-Hattie
Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

melissa said...

Now I'm all teary eyed. That was so sweet.

Elizabeth said...

Great love story, and oh boy that dress!!!

Unknown said...

Que fotos tan bonitas... y que novios tan perfectos!! Hacen una estupenda pareja.. Les deseo lo mejor!!

Anonymous said...

Its gr8.....make me crazy....superb story it is