Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love Stories: A Ring at Sunrise

Welcome to our one week countdown to Valentine's Day! ♥


I had a phone call at 3am. "Get up, get dressed, wear something warm. I'll pick you up in 10 minutes," he said. It was winter. In Australia. So, with one sweater, a beanie and my most comfortable jeans, I headed out the door to wait for him.

He looked weary and not his usual confident self. "Get in," he said.

We drove to Ball's Head, a park overlooking the harbour, the sun was slowly making an appearance. Boats were drifting on the water and sea gulls glided over our heads. It was very cold and he rubbed my hands in his. Out of a basket came a fully cooked (but cold) breakfast: eggs, sausages, toast as well as a cup of (cold) coffee. He was pacing back and forth.

"What's up honey?" I asked.

He dropped onto one knee, "I had a huge elaborate plan of the day, but I can't wait any longer. Will you do me the greatest honour of becoming my wife?" He opened a tiny box, inside a beautiful gold ring with a single solitaire diamond.

I fell to my knees, cuddled him and whispered, "Of course."

--Anna Cohen, from Simply Stylish Mom



See the previous Love Stories here! If you would like to submit your story and join our Ruche Blogger Family, please send an e-mail to blog@shopruche.com. You may attach up to 5 photos. Please try to keep your stories to a 1200 word limit. You will receive an e-mail when your story is selected.

2 comments:

B.Weber said...

This is the cutest story :)

HauteStandards

JW | PEONY said...

aww, I love love stories !


Peony